- About the Research Councils
- About the RCUK partnership
- RCUK Ambition
RCUK’s ambition is to ensure the UK remains the best place in the world to do research, innovate and grow business.
- long-term investment in world-class research and innovation
- realising the full potential of the UK research and innovation ecosystem
- developing the right skills, leadership and infrastructure to fuel a sustainable economy and create high quality jobs.
We will continue to do this by:
- shaping a world-leading research base with strength across disciplines
- accelerating innovation and impact from this excellent research base
- collaborating and co-investing with partners
- driving new multidisciplinary research programmes
- working together as a collective to maximise impact and further drive efficiency.
The Research Councils are central to delivering research and innovation for economic growth and societal impact. Collectively, we invest £3 billion each year to meet tomorrow’s challenges today:
Creating new knowledge
- Funding basic research excellence
- Responding to society’s challenges
- Developing skill, leadership and infrastructure
- Leading UK research direction
- Creating environments and brokering partnerships
- Co-delivering research and innovation with 2,500 businesses, 1,000 of which are SMEs
- Intelligence for policy making
Research Councils UK has launched a short film highlighting some of the exciting and innovating research funded by the seven Research Councils, demonstrating our ambition to ensure the UK remains the best place in the world to do research, innovate and grow business.