Video and audio help
- Press and Media
- Video and audio help
If you are having trouble viewing or listening to media on this website please see guidance below. Please note that this guidance may not be applicable to all operating systems and devices.
If media is playing slowly or inconsistently:
Your bandwidth may be being used by another application (or another computer, if your connection is via a home/office network).Downloading large files or using peer-to-peer applications while watching a video, for example, may prevent you from being able to receive a constant video stream. Shuttng down any applications which use bandwidth from your machine my help solve this issue.
If you hear no sound on YouTube videos:
Try the following:
- Adjust the volume control on your computer or device and speakers.
- Adjust the volume control located in the lower left corner of the YouTube Video Player.
- Restart your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc).
- Ensure that the volume is turned up on other video players, such as Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media player, as this might affect the video player sound.
If you still have no sound or video:
Try the following:
- Install the latest version of Adobe Flash (necessary for streaming certain media).
- Allow third-party Flash content on your computer:
- Visit the Adobe Flash Global Storage Settings Panel.
- The Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager should display.
- Check the box labelled: "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer."
- To ensure the check sticks please click one of the tabs at the top of that box and then click back to the (Global Storage Settings Panel). The box should still be checked.
- Once this is complete, close all browser windows and try re-playing the Live Event (Please be advised that this action stores a Flash cookie on your computer. Flash enables this by default upon installation).
- Check your Antivirus and Firewall software to see if you're blocking third party Flash content.
Transcripts are available on request for all media, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact email@example.com regarding any other issues.