10 August 2009
The Local Authority Research Council Initiative (LARCI) today announced a pilot
Placement Fellowship Scheme which aims to assist local authorities in meeting their
key strategic challenges.
The scheme encourages local authorities to put forward projects where they require
access to expertise, offering an opportunity either for academic researchers to
work within the local authority, or for a local authority colleague to work within
a university to gain and share relevant knowledge.
Researchers are also welcome to put forward projects and spend time within local
authorities to undertake policy relevant research, to develop research skills and
facilitate knowledge exchange within local government, and across academic networks.
For further information please visit the
- ends -
RCUK Press Officer
Tel: 01793 444592
Research Councils UK is the strategic partnership of the UK's seven Research
Councils; they invest annually around £3 billion in research, covering the full
spectrum of academic disciplines from the medical and biological sciences to astronomy,
physics, chemistry and engineering, social sciences, economics, and the arts and
The seven UK Research Councils are:
- Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC);
- Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC);
- Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC);
- Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC);
- Medical Research Council (MRC);
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC);
- Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC).