Scientific Advisory Committee
- Cross-Council Research
- RCUK Energy Programme
- Further information about the Programme
- Scientific Advisory Committee
The Research Councils UK Energy Programme Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) has representatives drawn from the providers and users of research who have an interest in ensuring that we have access to pertinent advice and comment to inform decision making. Advice from the SAC helps us to define the Programme’s approach to supporting research and training.
The SAC meets at least three times a year to advise the participating Research Councils on the strategic direction, scientific content and coordination of the programme and monitor progress.
In addition the Committee has input into the evaluation of the achievements of the programme and advises on the transfer of the outcomes of the research to the user community, including industry and other stakeholders.
Representatives from BEIS, Innovate UK and all of the associated Research Councils also attend the meetings of the SAC.
- Ms Sara Bell - Tempus Energy
- Professor Philip Bowen - Cardiff University
- Dr David Brayshaw - University of Reading
- Dr Mike Colechin – Energy Technologies Institute
- Dr Serena Corr – University of Glasgow
- Ms Natalia Davie - BEIS
- Professor Deborah Greaves – Plymouth University
- Professor Timothy Green - Imperial College London
- Professor David Greenwood - University of Warwick
- Professor Stuart Haszeldine – University of Edinburgh
- Dr Angela Karp – Rothamsted
- Professor John Loughhead – BEIS Chief Scientific Adviser
- Dr Keith MacLean – The Energy Research Partnership (Chair)
- Professor Greg Marsden - University of Leeds
- Professor Katherine Morris - University of Manchester
- Dr Michele Stanley - Scottish Association for Marine Science
- Professor Robert Steinberger-Wilckens - University of Birmingham
- Professor Phil Taylor - Newcastle University
- Professor Karl Whittle – University of Liverpool
- Ms Rebecca Willis - Green Alliance